|CAREL is one of the world leaders in control solutions for air-conditioning, refrigeration and heating, and systems for humidification and evaporative cooling. Our products are designed to bring energy savings and reduce the environmental impact of machinery and systems. Our solutions are used in commercial, industrial and residential applications.
We recognize environmental issues as a corporate priority
CAREL founded in the province of Padova
CAREL starts manufacturing steam humidifiers.
Design and production of a microprocessor controller for precision air-conditioners in computer rooms
CAREL creates the first monitoring system for air-conditioning units
Design and production of programmable controllers for air-conditioning
SMD technology and in-circuit testing introduced into the production process
Design and production of controllers for refrigeration
New programmable electronic board developed, complete with CAREL proprietary programming tools (EasyTools)
CAREL introduces serial communication on its entire range of controllers
The first subsidiary, CAREL France, established in Lyon
CAREL receives ISO 9001 certification
The German subsidiary CAREL DEUTSCHLAND established
A new more powerful and upgraded version of the pCOB is manufactured, called the pCO2
CAREL UK and CAREL Sud America are founded
The CAREL Group reaches sales of 55 million euro CAREL China established
CAREL Australia and CAREL USA founded ksa.carel.com, the web site wit h services for users of CAREL software products, goes on-line
CAREL updates its quality system to the new ISO 9001:2000 standard
CAREL adopts the ORACLE ERP system
CAREL Centre for Experimental Thermodynamics founded, dealing, among other tings, with the experimentation of control techniques for refrigeration appliances, with special focus on new technologies.
CAREL starts production at the new facilities in Suzhou (around 100 km from Shanghai). The new factory makes electronic solutions for the air-conditioning and refrigeration sectors to the same quality standards as the parent company, and was established to respond to the growing requirements of the Chinese market, as well as to ensure continuity of service to CARELs western partners who have manufacturing facilities in China.
CAREL Company of excellence, among the first one hundred companies of excellence in Italy. This is what emerges from the report entitled Our Excellence by Eurispes, the renowned institute of social studies working in the field of political, economic and social research. This recognition adds to the prestigious special mention in the 2006 F.I.O.R.E. prize (Farnell InOne RoHS Elected), in the RoHS compliant manufacturing technology category, and the Innovation Award as part of the Quality in Development Prize promoted by the Rotary Club, Unindustria Padova, the Chamber of Commerce, Ucid (the Christian Business Union), and the Order of Accountants.
CAREL Ibérica was founded
CAREL won the Mediobanca 2008 Prize awarded to the most dynamic businesses that stand out for high growth and good profitability.
CAREL India, CAREL South Africa and RemoteValue established.
Corporate restructuring of the CAREL Group, with operational, industrial and commercial functions passing to a new company: CAREL INDUSTRIES S.r.l., controlled by CAREL S.p.A.
New Carel office in Russia.
CAREL won the Marco Polo 2009 prize, awarded by the Veneto region Unioncamere, as the company that showed the highest level of commitment and the most significant results in foreign trade in 2008.
At the 2009 China Awards, CAREL won the prize in the “Creators of Value” category (electronics sector), as the company that achieved best performance with China in 2008.
New manufacturing plant in Brazil.
Special Mention in “Business Innovation Prize” (IxI – Imprese x l’Innovazione), established by Confindustria (the main Italian organisation representing manufacturing and services companies) in collaboration with APQI (Italian Quality Awards Association).
CAREL has been valued positively after an accurate analysis of the performances of its organizational and strategic model, specifically oriented to the company growth through innovation.
CAREL INDUSTRIES S.r.l. changes its equity from quotes to share and therefore its new legal name is CAREL INDUSTRIES S.p.A.
Innovation prize awarded by “Amici della ZIP”, Padua.
CAREL receives ISO 14001:2004 certification
CAREL Nordic was founded
CAREL receives OHSAS 18001:2007 certification
CAREL Middle East was founded
Opening of sales subsidiaries in Mexico and Thailand
Opening of our seventh plant in Labin, Croatia
CAREL in the world
The company is consolidated internationally (80% of sales are made outside of Italy), and operates both directly through subsidiaries and an organisation that is present in around eighty countries.
Indeed, since the early nineties, CAREL has been operating abroad through a number of subsidiaries. Currently, these are:
- CAREL France: the first foreign subsidiary, opened in Lyon in 1992, deals with the French, Belgian and Luxembourg markets.
- CAREL Deutschland: German subsidiary established in 1996, handles the German, Austrian and Swiss markets.
- CAREL Sud America: founded in 1998, deals with the Brazilian market. Since 2010 it is also a production site.
- CAREL UK: also founded in 1998, manages the British and Irish markets.
- CAREL Asia: opened in 2000, covers the entire east Asian market, except for China.
- CAREL Australia: established in 2001, this subsidiary coordinates business in the Australian and New Zealand markets.
- CAREL USA: also founded in 2001, deals with the North American and Mexican markets, as well as operating a production site.
- CAREL Electronic (Suzhou): opened at the end of 2005, this is a production site located in Suzhou (Jiangsu region, around 100 km from Shanghai). Also includes a sales office for the Chinese market (PRC).
- CAREL Ibérica: established in 2007 to cover the Spanish and Portuguese markets, its headquarters are in Barcelona, with a local office in Madrid.
- CAREL India: founded in 2008, covers the Indian market, based in Mumbai.
- CAREL South Africa: founded in 2008, deals with the South African market and is based in Johannesburg.
- CAREL Russia: in 2009 a representative office was opened in Russia. This was the starting point for the establishment, in 2010, of the new Group subsidiary “Carel Russia Llc”, with headquarters in St. Petersburg and an office in Moscow.
- CAREL Korea: opened at the end of 2009, this representative office manages the refrigeration, air-conditioning and humidification markets in Korea.
- CAREL Nordic: established in 2013, this subsidiary manages HVAC/R business in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Iceland and Estonia.
- CAREL Middle East, established in 2014.
- CAREL Mexicana, founded in 2015
- CAREL Thailand, opened in 2015, in Bangkok
The CAREL Group subsidiaries operate directly in their reference geographic area, while coming under the umbrella of headquarters both departmentally and as regards company hierarchy. Moreover, CAREL has created two “virtual” subsidiaries: CAREL Italy and CAREL Central & Southern Europe. The “virtual” subsidiaries operate in all countries that are not managed directly by the other Group subsidiaries.
In addition these, the company also has special commercial relationships with its “affiliates”. Currently these are: CAREL Turkey, CAREL Ireland, CAREL Spol (it covers the Czech and Slovak markets) and Carel Japan. The affiliates are coordinated by one of the subsidiaries, based on its geographic location. The subsidiaries also deal with customer support and the customisation of software for HVAC/R applications upon customer request; compared to our competitors, our strategy is to operate in and support the markets through a sales network that is as direct as possible at a global level. For this reason, the CAREL sales network is completed by dozens of agents and distributors located all over the world, which report directly to their reference subsidiary.